Wednesday, April 23, 2014

10 Tips To Being A Happy Stay At Home Mom


I love being a stay at home mom, getting the chance to enjoy raising my children full time with out having to skip a beat. But you have to admit sometimes being a stay at home mom can be taxing on you as a person. Your life seems to revolves around your children & house work, it can feel like your getting stuck in a rut. To avoid getting stuck in that rut here are my 10 tips that help me stay happy & motivated.
1. Wake up earlier than your children. This helps you wake up already enjoying your day, grab a cup of coffee or tea & just sit & enjoy the silence or watch the news. Get dressed, even if you don't have any where to go. You don't have to put on a full face of make up but a simple look to make yourself feel pretty. This little bit of alone time goes a long way, & I find that it keeps me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
2. Have a schedule or routine for yourself. I find that when I have an agenda I feel more productive in my day. It doesn't have to be anything strict, just a task for you to get done.
3. Get up & out of the house. Being stuck inside all day is the reason I tend to loose my grip. I can't stand to be home all day, every day. You don't have to do something extreme everyday, like go out of town to shop, just go outside. Sometimes when the walls seem to be closing in on me I just go for a walk, your getting exercise & fresh air & your not in the house (which is a plus).
4. Let your kids play independently. Letting your kids play on their own is a bonus for both of you. It gives your child the independence they crave & it gives you a mental break. I have to admit this one works well but as a mother you know sometimes silence is nerve racking, when it's too quite that seems to be the time your child is getting into some type of mischief.
5. Have a hobby or two. Do something you enjoy, having a hobby is your outlet. If your a creative person, set a side some time for you to do your crafts, or if your athletic person, have some time to go to the gym. Whatever it is, have fun enjoying yourself.
6. Clean up on the daily. You don't have to have an immaculate home, but when you feel less cluttered you feel better. Research suggests that living in clutter can lead to depression. 
7. Stay connected with your spouse. This plays a huge part in your attitude, when things are running smoothly between you & your partner, you feel good. Talk to each other throughout the day, even if it's a little text here & there. Make time to spend together everyday, weather it's unwinding at the end of the day together or enjoying each others company in the early morning.
8. Be patient. There will always be some type of challenge in your daily life, weather having to deal with a tantrum from your child or having financial issues. Whatever it is that your going through, just know all things will pass & trust that everything will be ok.
9. Set a side one-on-one time with each child. Making an effort everyday to spend a little bit of time with your child one-on-one is great. It's a lot more relaxed trying to talk or play with them by yourselves than it is playing or talking with everybody around butting in.
10. Stop comparing your life to others. I find this so important, everyone is always so caught in "keeping up with the Jones' ", once you stop comparing your life to others your will find so much peace. Be happy with yourself & your life, no one's life is as perfect as it seems on the internet. Your never guaranteed tomorrow & you'll never get yesterday back.  

I hope this helps all you stay at home mom out there, leave a comment below to let me know if these tips were helpful or if you have a tip for me to include. 

8 comments:

  1. Number ten is something I have to remind myself of often. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and informative post. Thanks for such a wonderful post.

    Auckland Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carpet Cleaner Reviews will help you identify the best cleaner available in the market today. Most of the carpet cleaning machines being sold today are fully automatic. If you want to get more details about best portable carpet cleaner, you may visit on bestcarpetshampooerreview.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. find the best carpet cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: rugs for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Sofa upholstery services near me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. www.braquefrancais.org

    ReplyDelete