Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chores For Children


Our job as parents is to teach our children how to become useful & independent as they grow. I find it very important to involve your kids in everyday chores at home. There can be numerous chores (simple & complex) that you can assign your child, this will help them feel responsible for their own possessions. Children who develop these habits will become tidy & dependable individuals later in life.
I list our chores into 3 categories: taking care of my body, taking care of my room, & helping out around the house.
1.Taking care of my body:
- Shower
- Brush teeth
- Brush hair
2.Taking care of my room:
- Make my bed
- Pick up toys
- Pick up clothes
3.Helping out around the house:
- Feed Rhino (the dog)
- Homework
- Clear table after meals
- Rinse dishes
- Load / unload dishwasher
 - Wipe counters
- Wipe windows /  mirrors
- Take out the trash
- Bring in the trash can (from the road)
- Recycle
- Sweep
- Vacuum
- Sort laundry (before wash)
- Fold laundry
Not only is this beneficial for your kids but it is also extremely useful for you, by spreading out the work load. Remember your the parent not the maid. Now of course your little one will need some type of help, they can't do it all by themselves because their motor skills aren't so advanced, but they will love the fact that as time goes on they will get better & better at doing their chores.
I hope this was useful for you, leave a comment below & let me know about your chores that you have for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment