Wednesday, April 9, 2014

DIY Pirate Patch

Pirates are all the rave for my son right now. So of course his birthday party will be pirate theme, his party isn't till May but I like to get things done ahead of time if possible. I thought it would be fun for all the kids to have eye patches to wear at the party . . . plus the eye patches are so cute. Instead of spending extra money on buying the plastic ones, which are cute, I decided it would be cheaper to just make my own, which are just as useful.
 All the supplies I needed was from Hobby Lobby:
sturdy black felt
white elastic
paper (for sketching)
scissors
glue gun
After cutting out your sketch for the eye patch, you can trace the patch onto the black felt & cut them out. I got about 18 eye patches out of one sheet of black felt.
Now that your eye patches are all cut out, cut a slit up the middle (starting at the bottom of the eye patch).
Over lap the slits that you cut & glue it down. This will allow you eye patch to pop up instead of laying flat against your eye.
You also need to cut 2 slits on the edge of your eye patch to tie the elastic straps. Double knot to really secure it in place.

Now your all done . . . & they are super cute for not a lot of cash. Plus the whole project is extremely easy.


I hope this helps you whether you just want to make pirate eye patches to play around the house or your planning a pirate party on a budget. Leave a comment below to let me know if this was helpful & how you & your little one used your eye patches.




1 comment:

  1. Your contents is really forcing out your readers to give the nice remarks.
    website

    ReplyDelete