Tuesday, March 18, 2014

5 Tricks To Keep Your Dog Smelling Fresh Between Washes


Our dog's name is Rhino, we love him so much we keep him indoors with us like a member of the family. But I have to admit I HATE the rank "dog smell" so keeping him fresh is always at the top of my priority list. Rhino is a Lab Retriever mix so he is huge, he weighs about 85 lbs & still has some growing to do. So you can understand why I dread giving him baths so often, plus too much washing can be taxing on a dogs skin.

In between washes I use these simple methods to keep him looking clean & smelling good.

Wiping Paws : When he comes in from outside I always wipe his paws with a towel, this is to avoid him tracking in any mud or dirt & to keep the build up under his nails to a minimum.

Fabric Softeners (Dryer Sheets) : This is my fav go-to method, I always have dryer sheets handy & they smell heavenly fresh. When he has been out in the yard for a bit he will start to stink so after he is done playing I will wipe him down all over with the fabric softener. Not only does he smell like I just pulled him out of the laundry basket but it gives his fur a nice sleek shine.

Baking Soda : There are days when you just feel like your dog is carrying loads of dirt in his fur (I know I'm not the only one who feels like this). Sprinkle some baking soda on his fur & brush it out with his doggy brush. The baking soda will absorb all the nasty odors & keep the dirt from sticking to the fur.

Baby Wipes : When the weather is bad & my dog has to go outside to use the "facilities" he comes in smelling like WET  dog. His fur is already a little moist so I just use baby wipes to clean him up & he smells good enough to swaddle.

Febreze Air Fresheners : & of course when I spray my house with Febreze I also give Rhino a little spritz . . . Don't forget to spray the dog bed.

I hope this helps you keep your fur baby fresh, leave a comment below let me know if you use any different methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment