Monday, March 24, 2014

DIY Centerpiece


DIY Centerpiece - Movie Theme
My baby sister is graduating high school . . . man, DO I FEEL OLD. For her senior serve she wanted to do a Movie Theme & she needed centerpieces for her table.. Of course I was there to offer my help. When you think of movies you think of  projectors, movie reels, tickets, & clapperboards. So now that I had her wish list in mind . . . I got to work.
My number one rule for crafting is ALWAYS sketch it out before you start anything permanent (I use construction paper).
I used foam boards to make the projector, movie reels, & clapperboard. Trace your sketches onto the foam boards & cut them out with an exact-o-knife. I made 2 projectors, I wanted to double them up to make them sturdy & also I wanted to put little streamers sticking out of the top. I spray painted them all black I using a metallic paint. When they dried I arranged the streamers & then glued the 2 projectors together. I also glued the year (2014) on the front & back with glitter paper to make it more decorative.
Next the reels, I made 4 because I wanted it to look 3 dimensional. I glued 2 reels together using toilet paper rolls (the cardboard tubes) after gluing them I spray painted them with the same metallic paint. Once that was dry I painted the edges silver with sparkles to add more dimension.
 Onto the clapperboard, after cutting it out of the foam board I covered it in glitter paper & used stickers for lettering.
Now it was time to make the "stand" I used a piece of wood. I cut it into two 1 inch pieces & doubled up the boards to make it more sturdy. I nailed it together from the top & bottom. After I put them together I drilled a hole big enough for the pole to sit in.
I also cut a slit in the top of the pole to sit the projector in.
I spray painted the base the same metallic color & I covered the pole in star garland. Then put everything together.
I also made tickets out of gold metallic paper & stickers to lay around the table for extra décor.
I hope this helps you if you needed to make something similar or inspires you to get crafty. Leave a comment below & let me know if this was helpful or inspiring for you . . .

9 comments:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Denecke clapperboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love this and thank you for explaining how you did it! I'm doing something very similar but with something different around the bottom. I may send you a picture later. How did you get the reels attached to the pole?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these article with us. https://hollywoodclapperboards.com/denecke-clapperboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your post thanks for sharing this post with us. HollywoodclapperBoards

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool idea. Gonna give it a try. Thanks for sharing such awesome centerpiece DIY idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible tips and straightforward. This will be exceptionally helpful for me when I get an opportunity to begin my blog. Streaming Movie21 Online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. how to get a summer body fast

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without a doubt you'll mess around with fixing some pipes and warming issues, such as fixing little breaks. Yet, for other complex warming and plumbing issues, you are in an ideal situation with assistance of experts like a warming designer.
    Diamond Painting Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... digital perm singapore website

    ReplyDelete