Monday, March 31, 2014

Catching The "NICE" Bug

Let's be real . . . siblings are not always the nicest to each other. I know they love each one another but I also know they can get on each others nerves faster than anything. Since they fight like Tom & Jerry I figured the house could use some quiet (what mother doesn't enjoy that). The most effective way to get them to do anything I want without them knowing is to make it a game. Our newest game is "Catching the Bug", the ultimate goal of this game is to help your kids say & do nicer things to others. So we made bugs out of clothes pins, so they would be able to pin them on their shirts when we were done.
Materials I used:
2 clothes pins
4 googly eyes
5 pom pom balls
4 heart stickers
4 pieces of felt
For Aubrey we made a butterfly. We layered the hearts on top of each other, then glued them to the clothes pin, added the googly eyes & felt (for antennas) & were done.
For Landen we made a caterpillar. We glued the pom pom balls to the clothes pin, then the googly eyes & felt (antennas), & we were finished. They came together super quick & we didn't need many materials (I had everything laying around the house).

Now the object of the game is when someone says or does something "NICE" to someone else I give them the bug & they were it until someone else comes along & does something nice & then they pass the bug on. For example: If Aubrey cleaned up Landen's toys out of the living room (just because), I would give her the bug. Then later on if Landen told her something nice or helped her out with something she passes the bug to him . . .  Hence the name "Catching The Nice Bug".
I'll admit I did have to take the bugs away a few times because they weren't being so sweet to each other, but I'm happy to say they did earn them back.

Hope this helps you if you were looking to keep the peace between your little ones, leave a comment below to let me know how it works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment