Thursday, March 27, 2014

Menu Book


If your anything like me, every time you go to a new restaurant you take a to-go menu. For what? I don't really know, but I do it all the time. So when I get home I add it to the stack of menus that are  just sitting in a drawer in my kitchen. After a while this ritual began to drive me insane because all those unorganized menus were making a "mess" in my drawer.
The easiest solution would be to organize it . . . DUH.
Materials I used:
3 ring Binder /  3 ring Folder
Clear Binder Pockets
Dividers
Permanent Marker
MENUS

First I put each menu in a clear binder pocket of it's own & them I separated them into piles depending on the type of restaurant it was. I only had 5 dividers so I marked them in categories such as Mexican, Asian, BBQ & Wings, Burgers & Sandwiches, & Others. After that I just assembled the folder, putting everything in was probably the longest part of the whole thing.
The front of my folder was looking a little sad with nothing on it so I decided to give it a little face lift. I didn't put too much thought into what should be written on the front so I just stated the obvious & labeled it the "Menu Book" (I know, clever, right?) 

Now that those menus look like they actually have a purpose I use them quite often. When I don't feel like cooking (which seems to happen all the time) I just grab my menu book & order some take out. It comes in handy now, I can breeze through it looking for what I want to eat & I feel like I have access to all the information at my finger tips. Yes, I am aware that I could just easily look up menus to restaurants online but I guess I'm just a little old fashion.

Hopefully I'm not the only one hoarding menus in my kitchen & this post helps you. Leave a comment below to let me know if you have a "Menu Book" of your own or if you just use Google instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment