Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Surviving Spring Break

10 Ideas To Help You Survive Spring Break



Spring break is here & the kids are home . . . & for some of us, like me, the husband is home too. The house can get crowded real quick & keeping everybody occupied with something to do can be a challenge. I know for me when my kids are bored the house is their disaster zone. In order to avoid the horrible messes they can make, my plan is to keep them out of the house as much as possible.
Easy & cheap ideas to keep them busy or OUT of the house:
(I'm not big on spending too much money if I don't have to so these are things that I do)
1. Go visit family
Your always welcome at your family's house & there is no expense to visit them. Plus your kids will enjoy seeing their loved ones.
2. Go to the movies
Mr. Peabody & Sherman is definitely on the list to see . . . 
3. Go to parks
Parks are GREAT, they're free & your kids are outside staying active. One of my most favorite things to do.
4. Go bowling
My husband & kids love bowling, me . . . not so much. But whatever makes them happy.
5. Go window shopping
Just getting out of the house sometimes can make a world of difference. Most of the time I just go up & down the toy isle & let the kids play with everything.
6. Play outside
I love sending the kids outside to play whenever the weather is permitting. But here in Texas our weather is acting crazy.
7. Chores & cleaning
In order for your kids to get something they want (like go to the movies, which they are going to get to do anyways) they have to help mommy clean up the house first.
8. Play video games
This is more for the boys, my husband & son could play video games all day, everyday.
9. Play board games
We love board games & we get very competitive with each other.
10. Create something together
Every child is an artist, let them express themselves.
One thing I forgot to mention is Gatti Town (or a pizza gaming place) honestly we will spend about 3 hours in a place like this. We always make it worth the money spent. We eat, then play games, then eat again before we leave . . . Don't judge us
I hope this help you stay sane while trying to enjoy the company of your family. Leave a comment below & let me know how your spring break is going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment